A designer will be able to assess your needs and create a space that is aesthetically pleasing, functional and efficient. Many designers collaborate with architects and contractors to ensure that the project is completed to the specifications of the client and local building codes.
The following tips will help you choose a interior designer for your next home improvement project:
Consider hiring a designer for a consultation. A professional designer can provide objective advice on your home improvement plans, whether you want to redo your kitchen, organize your closet or redesign your living space. A good designer will be able to assess your needs and create a space that is aesthetically pleasing, functional and efficient. If you’re working with an architect or contractor, an interior designer can help you plan the design of your space. You can https://stonevalleyinteriors.co.uk/ contact for more information.
Decide what kind of help you need. Do you need some ideas? Or do you want someone to manage the project from start to finish? Hiring an interior designer can be as simple as getting advice on paint colors or as complex as overseeing every aspect of a major renovation. You’ll save time if you know ahead of time what kind of assistance you’ll need from the designer.
Your home is the most intimate space in your life and it should reflect you, your style and your family. Designing and decorating a home can be a daunting task.
Here are some of my tips to help you on choosing an interior designer for your project:
- Ask around – Ask friends, family and neighbors for recommendations
- Find out about their experience – Interview the designer to find out their experience, how long they have been designing and ask for references.
- Check their credentials – Make sure they are members of professional organizations such as ASID (American Society of Interior Designers) or IIDA (International Interior Design Association). These organizations have strict criteria for membership including experience and education
- Look at their portfolio – Ask to see their portfolio to get a sense of their style, if it matches yours…if not, move on!
- Be prepared – Be clear about what you are trying to achieve with your project? Are you looking for someone to just provide drawings or do you want them to manage the project? Do you want someone who will work within your budget?
There are several magazines that showcase the work of professional designers. Start collecting them, so you can see what’s available and what you like. Keep in mind that these images may not be exactly what you want, but they will give you an idea of what’s possible and help you narrow down your preferences.